The IIDA New England Fashion Show is one of the most anticipated industry events of the year. The theme Adaptation was the focus for the annual event, taking place on October 23 at the Boston Convention Center. Bergmeyer took home top honors with the People’s Choice award and Best in Show. Congrats to the Bergmeyer team and all teams who participated! It was an incredible night.
Adapted for stage, screen, comics, action figures – and most mysteriously, the seminal 1973 album from Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon, the Wizard of Oz is one of the most adapted stories of all time. But now, a horse of a different color: Bergmeyer presented an adaptation of Pink Floyd’s adaptation of MGM’s adaptation of Frank Baum’s beloved characters. Our tradition of forging new partnerships with each show continued this year with BuzziSpace and their New England team at SL Group. Their innovative felt-based line has grown to include acoustical treatments, felt rugs, freestanding partitions, lighting pendants, and a wide range of collaborative furniture. We obviously love their rainbow of fun, vibrant colors of BuzziSkin which inspired our psychedelic vision of Oz. After numerous attempts at sewing the stuff, we ultimately learned to also love BuzziSkin’s inherent adhesive backing. Maybe next year they’ll introduce a line of BuzziFashion?
There’s also tons of photos of the event from Kim Neal Photography.
Congratulations to all participants, especially the winners of the night!
- People’s Choice: Bergmeyer | SL Group | BuzziSpace
- Best in Show: Bergmeyer | SL Group | BuzziSpace
- Best Interpretation of Theme: MDS | Momentum Group | Milliken | Seaport Graphics
- Best School Entry: NESAD | ArcCom | McKearney Associates
- Best Use of Materials: CBT | Allegheny Contract | Mohawk Group | CAPInc.
- Most Ready to Wear: Perkins + Will | Bernhardt Design | GD Group
- Honorable Mention for Hair & Makeup: MPA | Mannington Commercial | Omnilite