At Bergmeyer, we build teams around our remarkable staff. We value those who make a positive impact on both our projects and our workplace, and who are enjoyable people to work with.
Join our team
To apply for a specific position, see the requirements listed in each position description. Don’t see an opening that matches your talents? If you think you’d be a great fit here, send your materials to email@example.com
Project Manager – Retail/Hospitality
Bergmeyer is an award-winning design firm, located in both Boston and LA, dedicated to creating experiential environments, leading-edge sustainable thinking, and superior service for our retail, restaurant, housing, workplace, commercial and academic clients. Join our team located in the Innovation District in Boston.
We are looking for an experienced and detail-oriented Project Manager to manage hospitality and retail design programs.
- Professional degree in Architecture
- Architecture Licensure and LEED AP accreditation
- Proficiency Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with Revit preferred
- 6-12 years of relevant experience, including recent experience with retail and hospitality projects
- Experience leading interiors and architectural projects
Essential Skills and Responsibilities:
- Manage client, team, and project coordination and communication for multiple fast-paced projects at a given time
- Advanced technical problem-solving capabilities regarding building construction and technologies
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Manage project finances including fees, contracts, and internal and external budgets
- Experience navigating brand standards, working with brands and developers
- Experience in hotel interiors and coordinating with project consultants/brands/clients
- Build and manage relationships with clients
- Lead in house team with the preparation of existing conditions site surveys and full entitlements code and accessibility reviews
- Manage design development and construction document packages with the project team, consultants, contractors, and vendors
- Successfully navigate hearings with building and zoning officials regarding project approvals (locally & regionally)
- Perform construction phase services and project close-out
- Travel is required
- The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, results-oriented and a team player
Travel may be required.
No agencies and no phone calls, please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please send separate PDF files with a resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and portfolio samples (no larger than 5MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Application for Project Manager - Retail/Hospitality"
We deeply care about our people, so we offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, numerous learning opportunities, and a flexible work environment. You’ll have the best tools and latest technologies to get your work done efficiently and advance your career.
- Manager of Education and Training
- AIA New England Emerging Professional Friendly Firm
- Continuing education
- Lunch & learns
- Team room crawls
- Professional license and accreditation support and reimbursement
- Grant programs
- Leadership development program
- Project management training
- Knowledge sharing
- Internships and co-op programs
- Medical and prescription coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Employee assistance program
- Fitness Membership Reimbursement
- Sit-to-stand desks
- Softball league, competitive canoe team, backpacking trip
- Secure bike storage
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work options
- Remote work options
- Co-working memberships
- Company outings and annual gatherings
Dollars and Cents
- 401(k) plan with match
- Short- and long-term disability
- Term life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Dependent care flexible spending
- Parking and transit flexible spending
- Zipcar memberships
- Liberty Mutual insurance discounts